Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bay Fest Rocks in Spite of Hurricane Katrina

This weekend was the annual Bay Fest Music Festival. This is a three day outdoor festival featuring 8 stages and over 100 acts. Some news reports were saying that Mobile was closed but we are open!! The annual music festival went on as scheduled with people from Mississippi and Lousiana joining in for a much needed break from all of the horrible things happening in their live. It was the most crowded I have ever seen Bay Fest and it was wonderful.

On Friday night my son Gavin and I went to see Widespread Panic and Morris Day, the Time and Kool and the Gang. Sorry the pics are not that great but it was dark and I did not take my good camera with me because I was scared I would lose it. On Saturday we went to see Dark New Day and Maze and Frankie Beverly.







Sunday we went down early to check out the booths that they have setup for the kids during the day. Looked like great fun for kids and always has been but my son is 13 now and he was not interested. The festival ends early on Sunday because of course people have to go to work the next day and the kids have school. The first band we went to see started at 4. That evening we saw Theory of a Dead Man and then Saliva. Saliva rocked the house. I think that that was my favorite of the entire weekend. I was right in the front with all the 'kids' jumping and singing and holding my hands up for the crowd surfers. Maybe next year I will have lost enough weight that I can crowd surf. Anyway, to end the evening we met my hubby Luke over at the WBLX stage to see the legendary BB King. That show was so awesome in a different way from Saliva. It is always wonderful to see a legend play.

This weekend was so great. I wish we could have stuff like this all the time.






This is a picture from the Bay Fest Website
This was the official poster for this years festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home